Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On cloud 9

I didn't tell you this yesterday, but while I was sweating away on the elliptical (I really should change the name of the blog to "Tales from the Elliptical".....A (who I don't think I've mentioned much, he is a regular in the gym, works out with my same trainer and originally, before I started, had lost over 100 pounds, he is very inspirational, and a nice daddy of twin little girls) anyway....A came up to me and said that he had really noticed lately that my face (and me motioned around the gowl and neck/chin area) was looking alot thinner. Just a quick little comment, but it kept me happy all day!

I was sad alot yesterday, everything is falling apart with a night out I was planning for my little sis this Friday, and I came to the realization that a weekend getaway for my and my son's birthday that I was wirlwind planning would not work out. And I had dropped the ball on getting my daughter's yearly check-up and my hubby had to make the appointment....just alot of poo. So everytime I was getting down, I thought about A's little comment, and it made it better, maybe just a little, but every little bit helps.

And then last night when we were on our way home from my daughter's school open house, the hubby mentioned Taco Bell....and I want it so so so badly, but I told myself I can have Taco Bell when I hit the 20 pounds lost mark (I'm at 14!!!!) so I said I could take them, but I wouldn't get anything myself...(Go Will Power!!!) but the hubby quickly took it make and said he didn't want to temp me (thank you...I might have been able to say I wouldn't get anything...but If I pulled up to the drive thru window, and smelled those glorious smells, I might have climbed threw the window and just started eating right out of the stations where they make the food....who needs burritos wrapped in paper when you can just put a scoop of meat in your mouth and take shots from the sour cream caulk gun they have!!!)

So anyway.....2-a-day again today....over 600 calories total burned.....down 14 pounds total which brings the percentage to......-%5.89!!!! And...I talked to B quickly, he is somewhere around 5.7? I think? So for the first time ever I'm doing better than him!!!! Go me!!!! Now I just need to keep up this momentum!

No comments: