Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I did so so good over vacation!

Did you ever have a deep fried Twinkie??? It's super good, they take a Twinkie, dip it in funnel cake batter, deep fry until golden, then put it on a plate and sprinkle on powered sugar. I never saw them until we started taking the kids to the festivals up-north. At that point I would have 2 or 3 every summer. I think of it as American as Apple Pie, and look forward to it as a high point to the otherwise ...lets call them quaint....little festivals. But I didn't have one this holiday. We went to the festival, I saw the stand, we even had to walk past it a few times. But I never stopped.

I helped my mom cook breakfast. I made the pancakes and hashbrowns while she made bacon and sausage and fried eggs.....then I sat down and just ate a grapefruit and a hard boiled egg.

I made the kids cheese quesidillas for lunch and everyone else had beef burritios and nachos. I had just some plain chicken breast and lettuce in my tortilla.

When they all roasted marshmallos at night, I had a 60 calorie no sugar pudding cup.

I came in yesterday, on my day off, and did a full workout with the trainer. I weighed myself....but the scale hadn't moved much from where it was Friday, maybe down a 1/4 pound. The trainer said that me & B need to quit weighing ourselves so much, he limited us down to monday mornings only....but I still plan to weigh myself at home, i'll just cut down to what he asked at the scale in the gym. I need to keep track that everything continues to go in the right direction.

No comments: