Monday, September 14, 2009

Down, but not Out!

Wow I haven't posted for awhile!

I didn't get a chance to post last Thursday because it was our monthly employee appreciation lunch. Normally that would mean that I was in the lunch room gabbing with friends and devouring platefuls of food and cookies! But this time I did so good! In the morning when I left my workout the trainer said "See you at lunch right!" And I was like "Huh!!??!!" But I did it, I got a plate full of salad, veggies, and a grilled chicken breast, then covered it with tin foil and went to the gym for 30 min of cardio before I ate.

Then Friday everything went to hell in a hand basket! I started my period. I don't know about you, but I am horrible....I had been weighing myself daily at home, and the last few days a couple pounds had piled on, even though I was doing so good with diet & exercise. So I was happy to see it was that time of the month (I can't track it on a calender because it is super irregular), and that was the reason a few pounds had added on. And because was craving carbs so badly, I had a bagel and cream cheese for Friday break time. I had a lunch scheduled with the girls, and they all got pizza and pasta, but I got a salad with grilled chicken, so I was proud of myself there. And then I got home and my daughter was across the street and the neighbors were having pizza, and she asked if we could have pizza....and I gave in. It sounded so good, so I got 1 medium pizza and some chicken, and we all 4 shared it...so it wasn't pizza overload.

Then Saturday I had a mom2mom sale.....I took my daughter with me to help. We got McDonald's for breakfast on the way....hash brown and Hi-C for her....fruit & yogurt parfait and water for me. Then a little way into the sale she saw a couple people with muffins (the sale had a little refreshment area selling foods...so I went and got her a muffing and a juice box... she ate about 1/2 the muffin...I ate about 1/4 and threw the last 1/4 away. And a few hours later when people were eating lunch I went and got some for us....hot dog and juice box for her.....turkey & swiss wrap for me (still drinking my water) So not too bad. And then when it was time to load up, that was a workout...I packed all the boxes, then carried each out to my truck and ran back up the stairs to get the next. My heart was pounding + I was sweating = workout!

Then yesterday.....Kashi for breakfast......Then we were at my church's little festival for lunch time. All they had to eat was hot dogs, chips, pop, Popsicles, and bake sale goodies. So that is what I ate. I planned that we were going out to dinner, so I thought I would get a salad.

That didn't happen! We had to go to a funeral down river (about 40 minutes away), my hubby's grand mother had passed away. We were going to go out to dinner with some other families, but once the service was over, the kids were tired and cranky and we just wanted to get them home and out of dress clothes. There was a pizza place in that area that my hubby always talks about, so....since we were in the area....we got a pizza and took it home. And it was as good as the hubby always says....I had 3 pieces, and then a bit later I had 1 more piece.

I worked out this morning, 453 calories in 35 min!! Then I weighed myself....226! same as last week. So I didn't loose, but I didn't gain. I will weigh myself again Friday and see if some of it was water from all the dough (bagel & pizza Friday/ hot dog, bun, & lots of pizza Sunday). I gave in to my cravings, but I need to get back on the wagon and keep heading towards my goal!

No comments: