Friday, September 4, 2009

I'm angry when I'm hungry!

There is no excuse for this, but because I always rationalize everything and wiggle my way to My Truth (the hubby say's i should have been a lawyer because I can argue anything to get my way....or at least try)......Last night I had alot to do...we are leaving for up north tomorrow morning, so tonight we need to pack and I need to go grocery shopping (healthy food for me for the weekend, and sushi for dinner tonight, brown rice if they have it). So last night the laundry needed to get done, kids baths, dishes, more laundry, i needed to wash my hair, make dinner, pack my gym bag (that's every night now again) and lastly....laundry!

So I got the kids dinner while I threw in the first load....where was the hubby? He should be home by now....he was working late (can't fault him for making money) then started picking up the house, cleaned up from the kids dinners (hubby got home) ran bath and threw in the baby. Got him ready for bed and layed him down. Then I jumped in the shower, as I was getting done and toweling off, I heard voices! Hubby had said that my brother-in-law was coming by to pick up a welder to borrow (I didn't even know we owned a welder!) but I didn't know my sister was coming with him. So instead of a 10 min stop in, this was now a full blown visit, and I had things to get done...lots to get done...not to mention I was wearing a night gown with a towel on my head.

So I come out of the bathroom to a ruckus in my daughter's room. Apparently auntie wanted to take to tortoise out to play with, and it pooped on the rug, and my daughter stepped in it, and somehow...her red fruit punch got spilt all over the cream rug! So I'm on the floor sopping up punch and poo...while auntie is washing the rest of the poo off my daughter's foot!

So once that was taken care of...I heard that my son was awake again.....of course with people over and noise all going on right outside his door....so I put him back to bed. By now I am starving!!! I had a salad for lunch, but missed my snack because I was busy at work....came home and made the kids dinner and did eat about 4 baby carrots and a bite of peach....but that wasn't much. I didn't want to be rude, but I didn't know when they were leaving and it was already after 8:00...so I started dinner....from the meal prep again....and it looked so good when I was making it, I had been dreaming about eating it. So it was artichoke stuffed chicken breasts, sauteed veggies (broccoli, red peppers, string beans, and yellow carrots, so pretty) and Parmesan risotto with peas!......Every was in the pans simmering away...I still didn't want to be rude, but I had so much to do...(And I stated this to them a couple times hoping---praying---that they would get the hint....So I started to fold the laundry that was in the dryer and put the clothes from the washer into the dryer. I checked on dinner....it was done, but they were still there....so I turned the pans down....Then the son got up again....I wished they would get the hint...I was busy!...we needed to eat!.....they kept waking the baby up!!! (note: he does wake up a couple times on a usual basis....but this was the 4th or 5th time....and I know it was because he thought there was a party going on and he wasn't invited) So when I came back from his room....my sister took a lid off the chicken and said "Uhh...i think your dinner is burning!"

$H!T!!!!!

I was soooo hungry...and all the broth had cooked off and was blackening in the pan! and the veggies and risotto were all dried out!.....So I got mad!! I started complaining...angerly... that if they would just leave! I'm not sure exactly what I said...but I remember that it wasn't nice, and I was on the verge of tears....I tried to apologize and they were like "I think we should go" ....if only they had decided that an hour ago!

We tried to eat dinner....it wasn't really burnt.....but everything was so dry. I was so looking forward to it, and it was so dry I was actually choking on the chicken (it's an issue that comes up from my thyroid thing)....The hubby covered his with ketchup, and offered it to me saying something about lubrication. But I told him I'm serious about this diet, so no ketchup for me. I ended up eating the artichokes out of the chicken, and some risotto and tossing out everything else! The hubby helped finish folding the 1st load of laundry, the 2nd is still in the dryer...and I have a couple loads that need to get done tonight.

I called and apologized to my sister today. I told her that I was mad at them, but it didn't give me an excuse to act that way towards them.

But I had a good workout this morning...410 calories of cardio. At Friday morning bagel time I just had fruit...and 1 donut hole. I figured I deserved it, I'm down 11 pounds (4.6%) this week! Salmon and lettuce wrap for lunch...with a peach on the side. Plan on getting sushi for dinner...and then up-north for the weekend! I don't know when my next post will be...probably not until Wednesday, I'm off work Tuesday but I still plan to come in for my morning workout!

No comments: