Thursday, September 3, 2009

Needed Accountability.

Creamy Dreamy Shrimp Scampi over linguine....that was the dinner from the meal prep last night. I wanted to make some garlic cheese bread with it, but I'm still trying really hard at the re-invigorated diet. So instead....I made green beans. It was a 2 serving size dinner....but I stretched the linguine (which was whole wheat to start with) out over all 4 of us. The hubby got a full portion, and then I shared mine with both kids (my son doesn't eat much, but my daughter kept wanting more, as she calls then, nu-nu's. And I filled the bare spot on my plate with more green beans. An egg after workout this morning( tell you more about that in a sec, which ties in the title) a multi grain light english muffin with natural PB for a snack...and a salad with tuna and avocado for lunch.

So I weighed in this morning, down about another pound.....-9.5 pounds so far (-4%) and it's still just the first week! I know I have to be careful this weekend, I'll be up north with the family, and my mom doesn't even try to cook healthy....I'm already planning to take most of my own food so the weekend doesn't undo the work I have done.

D wasn't here this morning, she is already on va-ca. So it was just me and the trainer. I tried to tell him how good I have been doing, but I think he doesn't believe me. And why should he? At the beginning of all this I was gun-ho! And I got great results. And I think he was happy. And then the results slowed down, then I put a few pounds back on...up, down, inching, inching, lots of plateaus, which discouraged me, then this whole thyroid issue...and I thought the medicine would be like a magic pill....and it wasn't (they are still adjusting my dose every time I go in)...and that discouraged me more....I stopped doing my extra cardio MWF...I would just trickle in here and there...I was doing my T Th workouts, but not all gun-ho like before...there was alot of complaining, and joking with D...not alot of actual sweat and not any progress. So I can see where the trainer would get discouraged with me, I was discouraged with myself.

But! I have changed my attitude. This little competition gave me a kick, and woke me up....I have had talks with the hubby, and my mom, and I am serious. So I will just keep pushing like I have been all week....and the week after that...and the week after that....I'm not going to set a ### goal...I'll just keep going....there will be plateaus (I'm sure the weight I lost this week is mostly water, and this rapid loss will stop very soon) but I'm not going to get discouraged...so he will come around......and also....I sent him a link to this blog. So he may be reading this right now. Hi!! See you in the morning, and I am ready to work.

No comments: