Friday, January 30, 2009

The Flush is OVER!

YES!!! I did it! I finished up the flush on Wednesday, and I didn't cheat one little tiny bit. I stuck right to it. And I weighed in yesterday morning and was 227.5, that's down 3 pounds in 3 days, and down 28.5 pounds overall.

So I'm here on Friday eating my very healthy salad, mixed greens, broccoli, yellow pepper, tomato, carrots, cucumber and tuna. I did 10 sprays of my salad spay, the serving size, but it just doesn't taste...well...very tasty. I expected the flavor to really pop and be great after 3 strait days of salad dressed only with lemon juice. This salad spray was tasty and delicious last week. I did pick out a couple pieces of brown lettuce, so I'm thinking that most of the spray must have been on those pieces. What? Why is there some brown lettuce in my salad you ask? Ohhh....because this was the salad I made and brought to have for lunch yesterday. Why didn't I eat it yesterday? Welll.....uummmm....(stall).....Because yesterday my group had to go out and do some testing after lunch.....annnnddd......the other guys (totally them, not me at all) decided that it would be best if we all went in one car, headed out to where we needed to do the testing, and stopped for lunch along the way. And I agreed that this was a good idea because I thought we would stop at some coney island type place and I could get a salad, or even McDonalds has salad. But ......(I was totally dragged kicking and screaming I tell you) they decided to stop at Taco Bell! Ahh the Bell....my other nemesis (speaking of nemesis, as of yesterday's weight-in I was still 4 pounds below B, but that was before the Taco Bell). So I had one of those new platters they have, it's 2 chicken enchiladas served in a tray with little cups where they but a scoop of rice and a scoop of beans, and you get chips and salsa. Hey... if you haven't figured it out by now, when I go off the diet, I go WAAAYYY off the diet. But I did get an ice water to drink with it, so if that counts for anything.

And tomorrow my mom is keeping the kids overnight, so me and the hubby are going out on a date. We didn't have anything planned, my mom just missed the kids and asked if they could come, so we figured we would take advantage of the situation and go out to dinner. But instead of getting an appetizer and then each getting some entree, I suggested no appetizer, one entree of whatever we both would like to split, and then an entree salad to also split. So we each get 1/2 a dinner and 1/2 a salad. (I can't take credit, B came up with the idea and does it with his wife, he is working on her to lose weight too.) I'm trying to work on the hubby, but in a non-naggy wife kind of way. Just basically buy healthy groceries, cook healthy meals, and trying to be a better example myself, it was hard to admit to him that I went to Taco Bell yesterday when I have been telling him...no, politely suggesting to him, .....that he take his lunch more often instead of eating fast food most days for lunch. But anyway, I told him this splitting entree/salad idea, and he actually said OK, not even a funny look or a 'What you talking 'bout Willis' or anything, just a 'ok, sounds like a good idea'. I was pleasantly suprised. So maybe we can do this together! I'm excited.

No comments: