Friday, January 16, 2009

Weekend Warrior!

Well it's Friday! I have done excellent on the diet all week. The only real cheating that happened was on Wednesday when I had to leave work at lunch to take my son to the doctor (he's fine, just was very sick apparently from teething!) and I was hungry and snacked on a bag of buffalo chicken jerky, lots of protein, lots of salt, but otherwise not too bad, the bag was about 240 calories, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Today when all the food came, the Friday breakfast smorgasboarg, doughnuts, muffins, bagels with all flavors of cream cheese, and fruit......i only ate the fruit. Last time I only ate 1/2 a bagel and was pretty proud of myself, and this time I was able to skip it all together! Go Will Power!!

So now comes the weekend! The time that I even told myself that I could go off the diet and have some things that I crave.....ohh pizza how I long for thee. And I had told my family that if I ate well all week we would go to Red Lobster Friday for dinner, I have a coupon! But now my hubby is sick, he's had a stomach flu all week, so he doesn't want to go to a restaurant today, which is a good thing because my friend text'd me last night that we are on for wally ball tonight. So....I told the hubby that I'm going to wally ball after work, and we can still go to Red Lobster this weekend once he feels up to it.

So here is my dilemma. I did a good workout this morning. I ate great all day at work (along with the whole rest of the week) And I'm going to play wally ball after work. I'm not going to say wally ball is a sport....but, last time I did break a sweat and it is kind of a workout. So on the way home from that....I drive right past Taco Bell......I really want to stop. I don't know if I will. I know I shouldn't, especially since I know I'm being weighed on Tuesday, but then part of me thinks that I deserve some nachos! And the rest of me thinks that I need to stop thinking of food, fast food and restaurant food, as rewards.

So I think I'm going to leave it up to the hubby. I'll call him when I'm leaving wally ball and see if he wants me to bring him anything to eat. And If he says Taco Bell, that's what I'll get (I'm betting he'll say no, Taco Bell on top of the stomach flu isn't a good idea) And if he wants McDonald's, that's what I'll get, or Arby's or Subway. I should push for Subway, that will satisfy my fast food want, without being toooo unhealthy. I'll let ya know Monday how it goes.

No comments: