Monday, February 2, 2009

Who won the Super Bowl?

Well I'll tell you it sure wasn't me! I weighed in this morning, and it was sad, very very sad. So sad I'm not even going to tell you what it was. And I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Super bowl party I was at last night, the wings and beer mmmmmm, or the date night on Saturday with the hubby, again mmmmmm.

I had good intentions heading into the weekend, you know I did. But I did not follow through! On Saturday we dropped the kids off with grandma and were supposed to go to a restaurant. I was tired, so we ended up getting our food to go. Remember we were going to order one entree and a salad and split them both? And the hubby was on board even? Well....we went in, sat at the bar and both ordered a drink. I got an Amaretto Sour, and they mixed it in a blender and it was so frothy and creamy tasting that I sucked it right down and got another one! Then we looked at the menu and put in our order for a pasta dish and a veal dish and an appetizer of fried cauliflower (hey, at least it was a vegetable). And went home to sit on the couch, watch a movie, and chow.

Then yesterday, Super bowl Sunday, I had planned to stay home with the kidlets while the hubby went to watch the game and chow pizza with his brother. I would have had a nice salad, maybe a sandwich for dinner. Then my neighbor called and said they were having a little party and the kids and I were invited over. Hmmmm, home alone with the kids, or across the street where the kids can play with little friends and I can talk with adults? Hard decision! So instead of being home with a salad, I was at a party with a giant spread of food. I tried to be good, I diced up pears & plums & grapes & bananas and took it with us. And I got a plate of protein (ribs and hot wings) and veggies (carrots, green pepper, and cucumber) and I didn't get any dip for either. And I had one beer. And I loaded the kids up with pizza and cheese doodles and pop (milk for the baby), and had none of that myself. If I could have stopped there it would have been great, we should have headed home after the first quarter. But the dips were calling me. So I went back and got a plate with a decent scoop of each, bean dip (with cream cheese and green chilies), chili dip (covered with melted cheese), and spinach dip, and of course a big handful of scoops chips to scoop it all up. And just when I finished, she brought down the little individual cherry cheese cake cups! Ahhrrrgggg! So I had one, I fed at least 1/2 of it to my son (my daughter was busy eating a chocolate pudding cup with her friend) (and then I wondered why neither of them wanted to go to sleep once we got home?!?)

So this morning I did 30 min on the elliptical, had oatmeal with blackberrries for breakfast, fat-free yogurt for my snack, and just finished a nice salad with tomatoes and tuna and salad spray. So I guess the lesson is, If you get knocked down in the big game, you still need to go to practice the next day. Play hard! (Sorry, I'm not too swift with metaphors!)

No comments: