Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last Day of the Flush.

I'm sitting here eating a pile of tomato slices for lunch. I had bought them with the intention of having them on my salads each night, but then another glance at the list of fruit servings and I noticed tomatoes. So yep, a tomato is a fruit, and I couldn't have it on my salad. So I'm having them for lunch. But in all the flush is going well. Nothing is 'flushing' yet, in case you were wondering, I guess that comes in the couple days that follow. But I don't feel too tired today, and I'm not irritable. I had plums for breakfast and a banana for my snack. Now tomatoes like I said, and then a pear and some cantaloupe this afternoon. Then the salad with lemon and avocado again tonight.

My daughter ate salad with me last night. She asked if she could have some and I gave it to her. Of course I topped her's with a little light ranch dressing, and made her a 1/2 sandwich to go with it. But she ate every bite.

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2 pounds since Monday, so that is encouraging. It's so nice to now not even push that slider on the scale past 230. When I have it below 220 I'm totally going to celebrate. Only 8 pounds to go, and that will be the lowest weight my hubby has ever even seen me at, the lowest I've been in over 8 years! Just the anticipation of being able to obtain these goals is motivation to stay away from all the bad foods that I would otherwise not even think twice about eating.

Part of me wants to go crazy tomorrow, when I'm done with the flush, and eat everything in sight. But then the rational part sees all the progress that I have been making and makes me just want to eat salad. So I'm going to try to split the difference. I'm planning to have an egg and toast for breakfast; cottage cheese for a snack; a nice salad with tuna for lunch; fruit in the after noon; and I am thawing a venison back strap for dinner, and I'm going to make baby red skins and mixed veggies.

I'll let you know tomorrow what the grand total weight loss is from the flush.

No comments: