Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dodged the bullet.

Ok....so remember how today was the day I was going to be weighed? Remember how I layed this on myself, and I was going to be down 25 pounds total? And also remember how That other guy, now refered to as my nemesis, is apparently in a competition to be below my weight? So because of all these things I was going to do really good over the weekend..........

Well this is how the weekend went. My hubby has been sick for a few weeks now. He has had what I have been calling a stomach flu, but it has been going on for way too long now. He has not been eating much, because he knows that it is all going to very quickly come back out of one end or the other, and the time that it is in his tummy, he will be crammpy and feel horrid. He kept saying it feels like something is crawling around inside of him, and I, loving wife that I am, told him it sounded like he was pregnant. Something moving inside of you, feeling sick to your stomach, sounds like how both my pregnancies went. And I did it for 9 months each time and he can't even handle it for a couple weeks! Geeze, men!

But more seriously, I asked him a few times if he wanted to go to a doctor, and of course he said no. Than finally yesterday he did go to the doctor, and they said it sounds like he has some virus and we are waiting for the blood work to come back today before we know the next step. So.....needless to say, my diet needs were thrown to the back burner and I just kept trying to get anything that he thought sounded good, so that he would eat something.

So Friday I had the good intentions to go play wallyball, but when I got there I was all alone. I called and apparently they had canceled, due to cold weather, and forgot to call me. So I went home, and I did not stop at Taco Bell or anywhere. But a little later the hubby thought pizza and steak fries and chicken strips sounded good, so that's what we had for dinner. Then Saturday we all went out and ran errands and went to Red Lobster for lunch while we were out. Then Sunday the hubby thought subs sounded good, so we ordered subs & chicken strips and steak fries for dinner.

So yesterday my trainer asked how I did over the weekend, and I told him the bad news, and he told me he was going to give me some tips to help resist restaurant food. But then I didn't get a chance to go back and talk to him later.

So the hubby went to the doctor yesterday, and then he came to see my new office (my group moved across the street and got our own new building -fancy-! And we went to lunch, Quizno's and I had a salad, not too bad. And then my group was all going to the Auto Show after work (I know, I left the poor sick hubby to feed the kids and put them to bed by himself, I felt bad but he said it was ok if I went) and we all went out to dinner first, we went to a pizza and sub place and I got fish & chips, pretty bad. Then I walked all around the Auto Show, I'm counting this as additional exercise, and I did NOT get fudge and the stands we kept walking past, pretty proud of myself for that one too.

So today......I got there, he didn't say anything about getting on the scale, so I just started my cardio. My nemesis showed up and did some cardio also. Then my trainer came and said that another person was coming, so for me to keep doing cardio while I waited. My nemesis lurked, just waiting for me to go near the scale. I take this to mean that he knows that he now weighs less than me and he couldn't wait for me to weigh in so he could gloat. Then I finished my cardio and my trainer started me on lunges, the nemesis did some crunches and kept sneaking glances my way. Then I was told to do some curls, the nemesis continues to lurk, he was boiling with anticipation, I just know it. Then my trainer said "All right, good job today, see ya tomorrow."

WHAT!!??!! No weigh in? Hey, if he didn't remember, I'm not going to tell him. I high tailed it out of there. I am going to eat so good the next few days, so that when ever he remembers, I'm sure the nemesis has already reminded him, I will be ready, or at least more ready than I was coming off my weekend of gluttony!

1 comment:

Kendra Linn said...

You don't need a weigh in to know that you are winning. You are thoughtful of what you are eating, trying to be healthier for the right reasons and he is a lurker... you are a winner!