Monday, January 26, 2009

Starting the Flush

So you need 3 things for the fruit flush.
#1: Fruit and lots of it (who woulda thunk it?)
#2: Raw veggies
#3: Protein shakes

I went shopping at Costco and got a nice variety of fruit, cantaloupe, black berries, pears, tangerines, plums, & bananas. Then I went to GNC and got the protein mix. And lastly off to Kroger for the salad makings.

I started today. You basically have an 8oz protein shake at 8am, 10, noon, 2pm, & 4. Then you have a monster salad for dinner. For my salad I have organic mixed greens, shredded carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, & broccoli. Sounds pretty yummy. But you don't get to put dressing on it, just the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. But you can substitute the oil for 1/2 and avocado, so that's what I'm doing. I'm thinking of it as a side of guacamole.

So far so good. The protein shakes are not as bad tasting as I thought, but I'm really looking forward to my salad later. After 3 shakes and nothing but water all day I'm really excited about being able to chew something.

And good news about weight too, because I was eating so awesome all of last week, I dropped a few pounds. This morning at my pre-flush weigh in I was down to 230.5 so after this detox I should be well into the 220's. That will make me sooooo happy. I had dieted down to 220 for my wedding almost 7 years ago, and I've never seen it since. And B weighed in this morning too, he is down around 233, so good for him, and I'm still below him so double good for me! I'll let ya know how it's going tomorrow with the fruit!

No comments: