Tuesday, January 13, 2009

(Open Mouth, Insert Foot) Let's talk Numbers!

Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad, but I did get myself in a little pickel. I currently weigh about 234, or 235 or 233 or 238. It kinda depends of what I just ate or if I'm retaining a little water, ya know. So anyway, I've been busting my butt in the gym the last week or so, basically once I got back from being sick the second time. But my trainer hasn't weighed me in a while. Actually not since the whole incident in mid-November where i went from 243 back up to 246. I;ve been weighing myself, but he hasn't officially weighed me and recorded it in the book. (Did I ever tell you that he has a little book for each person and he puts what exercises you do, and how many, and how much weight, etc. It's actually very organized and he really keeps track of your progress well.) So in weighing my self I know that after the first bout of Strep, and the not being able to eat that went along with it, I was down to 235. And I told my trainer that proudly, and he just kinda blew it off, because he knew that once I started to be able to eat agai it would come back, and of course some of it did, but only a couple pounds. So since then, through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and the second bout of strep, I kept my weight around 235.

So anyway......today he asks, "So when are we going to weigh you." And I said,"I don't know, but I know that I am right around 234." And he said "Well, you let me know." I finished my work, took a shower and got ready for work. When I came out of the bathroom, he was standing nearby, so I walked over and told him......listen to this, I really could use a filter sometimes, "OK, I'm 234 now, so you can weigh me on Tuesday and I will be 231, and that will be a total weight loss of 25 pounds so far!" And he asked if I was sure, and made sure that I did mean next Tuesday, one week from today. And I told him Yes! So......now I have to do it. I have to loose at least 3 pounds this week. Not impossible, I know, but still.....why did I put this challenge on myself? But I'm going to look at it as a positive, something to motivate me. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: