Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We're not going to talk about it.

OK,
All of last week I had to work overtime at work. There was a big project that was supposed to be shipped out on Friday and my group stayed over a few hours every night to attempt to finish it. So every night, when I was dragging myself home at 8 or 9 in the evening, the last thing I was thinking about was a healthy dinner. I got up every morning and left my house by 6:30, had a good work out, had a healthy breakfast, a healthy lunch, and then as 5 o'clock quitting time turned into 6 o'clock, turned into 7 o'clock, I became a fast food monster. Every night we had something like McDonald's, or Long John Silvers, or one night we even had Go Go Taquitos from 7-11. (Hey I had to stop and get milk for the baby, and they were there, and hot, and food, and that was all I cared about!)

So I know it was bad. And I know I said I was going to change the way I eat, and be a better role model for my family, etc, etc, etc! So I failed again! I kept falling off the diet wagon, and then I decided that it wasn't a diet, it was a life style, and I guess it is only a lifestyle when it fits into my hectic schedule. So, pick myself up and try again.

I've been pretty good this week so far. And the guilt from not cooking for my family for an entire week has turned me into Martha Stewart! I have been cooking every night. Not the absolutely healthiest things, but better things, better than I used to cook. More whole grains, more veggies, less cheese. And PORTION CONTROL!! Maybe that will be my goal now, it's OK to eat a sparse sprinkle of cheese, just not a heaping mountain! That's it, portion control, that's what I'm working on. Better options and portion control for all.

Also, I'm seeing my best friend from college this weekend, so I have to be really good until Saturday so she can be surprised to see me looking a little ...well littlier! I'll let ya know if she even notices!

1 comment:

Kendra Linn said...

It is really hard to do all of this while one part of your life becomes more and more hectic. But hang in there, you will figure out the balance. On days like that, if you know that they are coming, crock pot or weekend cooking with week day leftovers to get you by. I know that you can do this, things happen, you are doing great!