Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Man, I'm soar today!

Yesterday I had to do squats with a 25 lb weight. Then we also did bench press and tricep stuff and crunches. But it was the squats that killed me. Late yesterday morning, a little before lunch, I had to go upstairs. There are 2 sets of steps, at the top on one is the fitness center, then you can go through a door into our workshop, then you can go down a hall to where about 10 engineers work, then at the end of their office there is a door with another set of steps. So anyway I had to go up to the work shop, and I went to jog up the steps like normal, but I had to stop because my legs were weak. And that was a sign that they were going to hurt today!!
So I rolled outta bed this morning and wanted to cry. OK, it's not that bad, but pretty painful. And I should have known better that to wear heels today, but I didn't think about it when I packed my bag last night. So today, of course, I have had to go upstairs a thousand times. I worked out this morning, kinda half-heartedly 15 min on the eliptical and 20 on the treadmill. Then I have had to go to the work shop a bunch, and go talk to the upstairs engineers a bunch. So about an hour ago I was up there, and was on my way back down. I was using the steps in the workout center and my trainer just happened to be up there. I was a few steps down from the top and was clenching the hand rail and he yelled over to me "You aren't that soar!!" And I stopped and turned around and told him "Yes I am" And he must have seen pain on my face or something because he walked over to the top of the steps and nicely told me "I want you to do some stretches today, just stand by your desk and do it like this." Then, when I almost thought he cared, he said "Because you are doing more of those squats tomorrow!!"
This is my punishment for balking the universe!!

No comments: