Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The second Weigh-In

So today was the second weigh in. Last night I made a fairly healthy dinner, leftover flank-steak cut into thin strips then stir fried with pea pods and orange peppers and served with rice. So after the kiddies were in bed I had 2 smallish slices of banana nut bread. I figured I had cooked it, so I should eat some. And I contemplated about it before hand, was it a good idea, should I just have a taste, should I skip it altogether since I had to weigh in the next morning? The hubby was having some regardless of my internal struggle, and he had his warmed up with a few scoops of ice cream. So I figured I would fore go the ice cream in favor of ice cold skim milk (basically the same right?) and just go for it. And now I'm glad I did. I got to eat my cake and lost weight too. Three pounds to be exact. This was a huge surprise to me since I had that horrible week of eating everything the week before last. I expected to be the same at best. So the grand total is 13 pounds now, after a little under 6 weeks. Not too bad! And a good 2lb/week average which is considered healthy. So the children are going to my mom's tonight to spend the night, and I am rewarding myself with a smallish binge of Taco Bell!!!! My all-time favorite. What I lived on through 2 pregnancies. My old Tuesday night tradition! And what I have not had since I started this weight lost plan.

That's right, Weight Loss Plan! I'm not calling it a diet. Diets end when you reach a goal, and I plan on this to be my new way of life. Not the working out 5 days a week thing, after I get to a more reasonable size I'll cut that back some, but the food part. I just need to look at food differently. I was talking to a girl from work at that shooting clinic I went to over the weekend, and she is very in shape. She said she gets irritated when people always ask her what diet she is on, and she said she has to explain to them that it is just the way she lives. I want that. I am going to live better. It will continue to make my hubby healthier, keep my children well, and help me restore myself. They say your body is your temple and you need to respect it. So that's the road I'm on. Feel free to come along for the ride.

No comments: