Monday, October 6, 2008

The Universe Fights Back!!

A very wise friend once told me, "When ever you try to make a significant change in your life, the universe will fight back to not let this change happen. And if it is a change that you really want, then you have to fight for it!" (Or something like that, I'm paraphrasing) So this last week the universe threw everything it had at me.

Lets start with Monday night, the 29th, since it was my birthday the next day, I decided to make cupcakes to take to my office the next day. So I made them and baked them, and my daughter licked the bowl so I didn't have to (you can't let bowls go un-licked). But later I had one cinnamon muffin and 1/2 a brownie, I had to taste test them before I fed them to people.

Then Tuesday it was my birthday, so I took the baked goods into work, and instead of my normal English muffin for breakfast, I had a cinnamon muffin with milk. And then my hubby took me to lunch, where I had soup, bread, and a delicious baked pasta covered with cheese. Then later for dinner my hubby listed all the possible things he would get me for dinner, but I had him go get Subway, to try to be somewhat healthy.

Then Wednesday, I ate my normal healthy breakfast, but I had my Italian leftovers for lunch. And what did we have for dinner wednesday??? I can't remember?? I think it was Tuscan Chicken pasta. Yeah it was. So that was healthy, whole wheat pasta, chicken, tomatos, peppers, and a bunch of fresh yellow and green squash!

Then Tursday was my son's birthday. I ate my healthy breakfast. But lunch was my company's monthly cook-out. So I had meatballs and some pasta, and a bunch of veggies, and some bread, and some shrimp, and a cookie! (And later I went back to get a second cookie, and when I was almost to the table they were on, I spotted my trainer standing by the wall talking to someone. I don't know if he was guarding the cookies, or if he just happened to be there, but just in case I high-tailed it outta there before he saw me. So no 2nd cookie.) Then my Father-in-law was coming over to bring my son a gift and we were all going to dinner, but he didn't come until 7:00 and didn't want to go eat, and didn't leave until almost 9. So we never went out, I just fed the kids at home. And then I realized that we were out of milk and ran out to get some, and the dang universe steered my truck to Del Taco! So I had a spicy chicken burrito and a quesidilla and a Sprite for dinner!

Then Friday I ate a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast with a pile of fresh fruit. (My company supplies bagels and fruit and doughnuts and muffins every Friday) And for lunch I went out with some guys for Sushi. Which isn't that bad I guess, especially since I got it made with brown rice. And then when I got home I thought it would be a good idea to put some leftovers down the garbage disposal. Only it was alot, and I plugged it all up. My poor sweet hubby had to disassemble the plumbing under the sink, and scrap ground up roast pork out of the main drain. It got all over the cupboard under the sink and he mopped it up with out MUCH complaint. So I had to treat him to Chinese. You understand, right? So I had some cashew beef and rice and crab rangoons for dinner. And then I had to bake my son's cake for his party the next day. My daughter was already in bed by then, so I was forced (yes, forced I tell you) to lick the bowl myself. Either that or I figured i had already blown it for the week and I might as well enjoy my self during the free fall. Or that is is MY birthday too!!

So I got up early on Saturday to assemble the dinosaur cake. It turned out pretty cute and i was pretty pleased. Except that I did eat some chunks of cake as I was carving! Then off to the party where we had a veggie tray, pizza, salad, pop, doughnuts, cider, and of course cake! I was actually pretty busy, and didn't snack at all. But I did sit down and eat a big plate of salad and 2 slices of pizza and a small cup of pop. And then during a cake time, I ate about 1/2 of a frosting covered Ding Dong that had been part of the dinosaur. After the party, we dropped the kids off with my mother and went to a friend's BBQ. I had some smoked brisket on a bun, 2 ribs, a chicken leg, carrots, brusel sprouts, and a couple scoops of different picnic salads. Then he had about 5 different desserts. So I got a plate and got a small piece of each, and shared it with my hubby.

Then Sunday, I skipped breakfast because I was trying to get stuff done while the kids were away. I picked them and my sis up from my mom around noon and went home. I had a pig plate of leftover salad and 2 slices of leftover pizza for lunch. Then later I had a doughnut and cider for a snack. Then we went to the Red Wings game. We did take the stairs all the way down from the Cobo roof, and we had deli sandwiches for dinner. Then after the 2nd period we did 2 laps of the concourse and ended up back at our seats with a slice of pizza each. So after the game we took the stairs all the way back up to the roof, I think it is about 10 stories! And when we got home I had a piece of leftover birthday cake.

I couldn't fight the universe this week. There were too many things back to back. 2 birthddays, a BBQ and party, a work cookout, a Wings game. I couldn't resist, I was weak! But I did still workout every morning. And I worked out this morning, and I had my english muffin for breakfast, and my turkey and spinach roll for lunch. Just got to get right back at it! I just have to remember my goals and not let a little trip-up turn into a land-slide! I AM going to do better this week!

2 comments:

Kendra Linn said...

Whoo Hoo, I am the wise friend, I think! I feel so honored so amazed that someone some where listens to me! I love your fight and I am right beside you... every step of the day... I am trying to lose pounds as well, so let's band together and conquer the WORLD!

four little blessings said...

OK, now I am hungry! Pass the cake and Del Taco! :)