Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today was a good Day.

I had a good workout today. Really I did. It was hard, and I pushed myself just a little harder than my trainer even asked for. He wanted me to do 15 leg presses, I did 18. But this stuff always bites me in the butt, because for the next set he asked me to try to push out 20, so I did 21. (It almost killed me, but I did it! Just to show him, and me, that I could do it.) I am getting stronger.

I was doing hammer curls with my work out buddy. He was doing seated, which apperently makes it harder, and I was standing. My trainer had me start with 12 lb dumbells, and when I did the first set with out being tuckered out to his liking, he switched me up to 15 lb dumbells for the next 2 sets. And I did every rep. And then I looked down at the weights my workout buddy was using, and they were only 20 pounders. Only 5 pounds more than I was doing! I am proud of myself. (Earlier we were doing some kind of chest press and I was doing 15 pounders and he was doing 50 pounders! I can't even lift one of those with both hands!)

So my good work out this morning also fuled me to make better food choices. I had a Light-n-Fit yogert for breakfast, and a turkey wrap and a small salad for lunch, and I'm planning schicken breast and stir-fried veggies for dinner.

If it's "one day at a time" then "Today was a good Day!"

No comments: