Monday, October 13, 2008

Don't these people know I'm trying to eat better!!??

So all day Saturday I went to an NRA sponsored shooting clinic with a bunch of girls from work. Everything was included; guns, ammo, instructors, and FOOD! So I didn't eat breakfast before I left because I knew I would be eating there. Bad choice! The 'breakfast' they provided was coffee, doughnuts, muffins, and various other pastries! I tried to stay away, I got a bottle of water and sat there in the safety class while all the other ladies were munching on sugary goodness. And my stomach was growling, so before we headed out for our morning shoot, I grabbed one blueberry mini-muffin. Then we came back for lunch, which consisted of hot dogs, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, chili, baked beans, all kinds of little bags of chips, cans of pop, and 2 different kinds of cake for dessert!! Not a healthy choice in sight!! And I was starving!! So I had one hot-dog, no bun, a little mustard, and one scoop of beans, and more water. And I didn't even look at the cakes!

After the clinic, a few ladies asked me if I wanted to step out with them for a bite to eat. I cleared it with the hubby and went. I'm surprised I didn't eat the steering wheel along the way! Once there, they all got cheese burgers with steak fries, except for one girls that got a philly steak sub!!! Arrrgggg!!! The peer pressure, but i know I'm getting weighed tomorrow, so I had will power. I got a big salad with mixed field greens, a grilled chicken breast, apples, dried cherries, and fat free vinaigrette! It was so good, but at that point a tire would have been tasty too!!

Then yesterday after church, I took the kids to visit my mom. Of course I didn't get to eat anything before church. You get a one year old and a 4 year old both up, fed, dressed, hair fixed, bag packed to be gone the rest of the day. get yourself dressed and looking respectable, all while be extremely quiet so as not to wake the hubby up. And see if you have time to make yourself breakfast! So by the time I got to my mom's I was starving again! She suggested we go to Bray's for lunch. (If you don't know Bray's has the greasiest, best, cheese burgers anywhere!!) I told her I would go there for everyone else, But I went to McDonald's and got myself a salad. (I know I know, McDonald's salad isn't really healthy, but trust me, it's 1000% better than sliders!)

So we'll see if my will power's pays off when I jump on that scale tomorrow!

No comments: