Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My hip is killing me!

So, if I haven't mentioned it before. I have a pain in my hip. Years ago my mom told me it sounded like arthritis, so I just assume that's what it is, even though I have never had it looked at by a doctor, and don't have any plans to in the near future.

It used to flare up and be constantly painful if I did something that required me to walk all day, like a trip to the zoo or something like that. And not just an hour or two of walking, like all day walking, with breaks and rests, but mostly being on my feet. I noticed it originally when me and the hubby went to Chicago for our 1 year anniversary (that was over 6 years ago now!!) and we walked all day, and we were walking back to our hotel and I couldn't walk anymore. We finally got a cab for the last few miles because I couldn't take another step.

And I used to fall because of it too. Like if I was sitting at my desk for an hour and jumped up to get something off the printer, my leg just would not hold my weight and I would fall. Sometimes catching myself on the edge of the desk, sometimes ending up on the floor. And at home when I would sit on the couch with my feet curled up under me, and then when I would get up I would limp the first few steps until my hip loosened up. The hubby would lovingly call me limpy and tell the kids he was getting me a new hip for my birthday.

So...since I started working out over a year ago, my hip has gotten better. It probably has to do with dropping weight....(I know I do nothing but yo-yo lately, but since I started I have kept off over 20 pounds) And also strengthening the muscles in that area. And I have also noticed that when I don't work out regularly, my hip starts to act up more. So I only worked out once from Dec 23rd until Jan 4th!!! And now my hip is killing me! It probably has to do with the weather too, but i can't control that!

So I leave for Vagas 2 weeks from yesterday, and I know I am going to be doing nothing but walking the whole time I'm there. So I need to stick to working out and strengthening up this bum hip of mine so I can do my job when I'm in Vagas! I did cardio yesterday and a full workout today. So I just need to stick with it for the next couple weeks. It will help my hip, and then my hip will be looking that much cuter in my new suit pants!

No comments: