Thursday, January 14, 2010

So I bought a "Salad"....

I had to run out to the bank at lunch. And Quizno's is in the same plaza as the bank, at the opposite end. (and I didn't even get in my truck and drive to the other end, I walked all the way down the sidewalk and then all the way back to my truck!) I thought I would go to Quizno's and get a salad for lunch. And I did get a salad. But this is NOT a healthy salad. I'm not even going to pretend it is. I watched them make it....It is lettuce, with tomatoes and salsa and diced white meat chicken...healthy so far...and a big scoop of guacamole....still ok.....and a big handful of cheese....getting dangerous....and then they give you a little bag of toasted tortilla strips to put on it and a huge cup of dressing. I know, I know....I could have skipped the tortillas and used salad spray that I have in the fridge, but I didn't. I only used 1/2, maybe less, of the dressing, but it is so so thick and creamy. I know it is loaded with fat, I should have skipped it. All of my workout this morning is going just to burn off the dressing from my salad....the 1/2 dressing....I don't know who eats the whole thing!

No comments: