Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Live from Las Vagas

So, number one......Holy Canoly!!!! I'm in Las Vegas!!!! It's so cool!!!! Cool in the AWESOME way and in the chilly way. (I thought I was escaping the cold Michigan winter to come to the nice warm desert....well it has rained, sometimes sprinkles-sometimes pours, since we got here yesterday)

Number two....you'll never believe what happened on the whole partner for the newest weight loss contest front! I don't even know where to start.....I haven't had a chance to post since last Thursday and that's when the shit started to hit the fan! Hang in ALOT happened in the last few days.

So....Thursday is a normal day, and as far as I know M is partners with P, and I'm just going to stay out of it 'officially' but do it on my own. Then I happen to walk through the lunch room, and M is chatting with my trainer. So I go over and chat with them too. Then P happens to walk by (the coincidences are un-canny!) And P is joking with M that he (P) had a new different partner. (I was silently stunned, I hadn't heard that they called it off, maybe I had a chance to partner up with M again.) So P walks off, and M walks off shortly after. It's me and the trainer, I asked him when/why M&P called it off, then I preceded to tell him the whole back story of how M had asked me to be partners, yada yada, and he didn't want to tell P no. So the trainer tells me to go partner back up with M. I said something like "if he wanted to partner back up then he would have said something a minute ago when we were all talking" (Later when I relayed this story to the hubby he said that I make things so 'high school' and he is exactly right) So the trainer says lets go talk to him right now (did I mention that the trainer really wants me in the contest), and goes off after M, and I trotted along behind him. We have a little conversation with M. He says he isn't sure if P really got a new partner (its apparently a mystery person that P isn't telling to anyone) or if he is just joking. He said he would talk to P and let me know. But if it was off with P then it would be on with me. Sunshine on the horizon!

I was so excited and I wanted to tell someone so I texted the hubby and told him the high points and that I would explain when I got home....and since B is in charge of the whole contest, and had been pestering me to get in....so I texted him and told him that "I MIGHT be in the contest, I was waiting for an answer from a partner" and he asked who he needed to go convince and I told him not to worry about it, the trainer had already talked to them, and not to bother the trainer about it! And he asked if he could ask M about it.....and I wondered why he would think to ask M?

So I'm driving out of the parking lot at the end of the day, and I see B talking to P in the parking lot of the other building. So I called B and asked what they were talking about....and he said they were talking about the contest....then he started to ask about who I was waiting on, etc. And if that didn't pan out then he had a couple people that didn't have partners and he would get me a partner.....and I said I really liked my plan A (being partners with M) and plan B was to just do it outside of the contest. And he said that he would get me a plan B partner. And I said no, I'm bitchy and hard to get along with, I couldn't have a random partner. And he assured me that it would be someone that I knew and was friends with. When I talked to the hubby about all this later he thought that maybe R (how is my sisters bf that works there too) was who B was talking about, and that seemed feasible :) And at some point in the conversation with B, it came out that he knew all about M!?! And I told him he was not supposed to have talked to the trainer, and B told me that about an hour before I texted him, (so right after the trainer and I talked with M) the trainer came and spilled the beans to him about M and everything. (And in retrospect I think they schemed up everything else that happened)

So I talked to the hubby when I got home, and told him that I'm doing this hard core and I needed him to help at home. (And I had all these plans of things to say to get him on my side....but to my happy surprise I didn't need any of them.) He said "What do I get if I win? As in, he was going to have a weight loss contest with me at home! We have done it before, not since before my son was born, but it was always fun. And he said that I went to the gym in the mornings, so he would take time to work out in the evenings...go to the 'gym' in his brother's basement, or the rec center. And I thought that sounded great! (And if nothing else, that fact that my hubby might get a little skinnier and healthier, makes all this drama and crap worth it!)

So Friday morning I top the stairs to the gym, and there is M talking to B and the trainer. So I thought maybe he was there to tell me some good news...but no, he hadn't had a chance to talk to P yet. After M left, me, B, the trainer and another trainer all discussed who P's new mystery partner could be??? Then after normal Friday Bagel time I go over to check in with M....still nothing, hasn't talked to P. Then later that afternoon I go check in with M....still nothing, still hasn't talked to P, said he kept checking but he wasn't in his office. Then M went on break, and I went to P's office. (I just wanted an answer before I left for Vegas) And P was in his office! So we had a little chat....I told him the whole back story. He asked why I wanted to be partners with M and I told him because M was a great motivator and had a great attitude. And he said that is the same reason he wanted to be with him, but he had this other great plan for a partner, but he also didn't want to drop M......so I told him it was up to him (I think I actually was a little ruder about it, something like "Well you sit in this fancy office, so you can make these hard decisions" probably not the best career move in retrospect, I'll try to apologize. I was frustrated.) And he said he would make a decision by the end of the day.....

So it was almost the end of the day, and I didn't have a chance to get back over to the other building, and i wanted to know what was going on!! So texted B and asked if he knew....and he went and checked and I guess M was already gone for the day. So as I was driving out of the parking lot....I decided to pull into the other building. And I went and talked to the trainer, he didn't know any new info. And on my way back out, I ran into P in the hall. So I asked if he had made a decision, and he said yep...he was staying with M! (Crap!!) And he urged me to take the 'other' partner that had stirred this all up, and he told me who it was and his 'plan'...which was just silly to me, knowing all that I know....so I declined. (Can't tell you who the mystery was, P told me to keep it on the down-low, and I know that the trainer may or may not read this occasionally, and posting it on the Internet is NOT keeping it on the down-low....only person I told is the hubby....luv ya babes)

On my drive home on Friday I simultaneously texted B and the trainer and told the P and picked M, so I guess I'm on to Plan B....pretty reluctantly. But I figure if I drop out now then M would know that I was a quitter and would be glad that he didn't have me for a partner....I have to do it and kick ass now!!! I asked B who plan B was (ha, that's so funny now) and he wouldn't tell, said he needed to talk to M&P first and make sure.

So Monday morning, yesterday, (well 2 days ago now since it is after midnight!) I e-mail B and ask who Plan B is......and he feeds me the crap about he needs to make sure with M&P. And i was only working a few hours before leaving for Vegas, and I wanted to know since I would be back to work again until the morning of the weigh in. But I asked a couple times and he wasn't budging. So I texted the trainer and asked him, but I didn't get a response. I left for the airport now knowing. Then later when I was waiting at the terminal B texted me....he said it was official with M&P...so was I ready for Plan B??? I said ready....and then he told me that it was him!!! This was a giant shock because I knew that he was already signed up with a different guy, lets call him A. Then already had a team name picked out and everything 'Gym-me Buff-it' actually kinda cute. (But I'm not having that as my team name, I'll text B tomorrow and tell him he better come up with something for us.) I asked what happened to A, he said that he got another guy to join and be A's partner, so he was free to be a team with me. I was still kinda stunned and didn't respond for awhile! I was trying to piece it together in my mind. I called the hubby and went over it with him. I'm sure that this is what him and the trainer schemed up on Thursday! And I told him I hoped he didn't strain a brain muscle on his plotting. But I guess that's that! I get back from Vegas next week...and the contest begins.

PS, Vegas is 3 hours earlier than Michigan....so this morning, when my body though it was 7:30 and I should be up, it was really 4:30 here...but I was awake and couldn't go back to sleep....so I busted out 325 calories on the elliptical here at the hotel. And then walked about 10,000 miles at the trade show today! and have 2 more days to go!

No comments: