Thursday, September 18, 2008

What Do I Weigh!!??!!

Well today marks 2 weeks since I first started working out with my trainer. The first day I started he weighed me, 256. That's about where I expected it to be, seeing that I was totally clothed and with my shoes on. See, I don't know about you, but I weigh myself at home, stark naked, because I don't want the clothes to add those extra few pounds. Usually when I take my clothes off when I get home from work and I'm changing into my PJ's. And sometimes I shave in the shower and then weigh myself after I get out, once I'm totally dried off, because the hair on my legs and armpits may have been tipping the scale just that little bit that it bumped it up to the next pound. So I had weighed myself at home before the first workout, and was.....254 I think. So I expected to see a few extra 'clothing' pounds. And then I started weighing myself at home incessantly! At least a few times a day usually. I'm starting to think it's turning into OCD, so I'm trying to cut it back. But after the first 5 or so days of dieting and working out I had lost 9-10 pounds, I was thrilled!! I told anyone that would listen, "I got a personal trainer and I lost 10 pounds already!" And we had pizza to celebrate! And then the next day my husband got a phone call that he had gotten this new job that he really wanted, so we went out for Chinese to celebrate! And then on Saturday the kids stayed the night at my mom's and we went to the movies. I didn't eat any dinner before the movie, but I had a medium popcorn there (no butter) and a bottle of water, and then we went to the Holy Mecca on the way home!!!!Taco Bell!!!! And strangely enough, the numbers on the scale had stopped going down, and actually crept back up a few pounds. Go figure!! So yesterday I weighed 246 before I went to bed, that was with my PJ's on. And I totally expected that my trainer would weigh me today.....but he didn't! And I want to know what I weigh on his scale!!! I had all these plans hinging on being weighed today. Since my flying leap from the wagon last week I have been pretty strictly sticking to my diet, all day Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and today....through lunch. Then the plan was to have seen how much I lost, be happy, and so to dinner tonight. To the new all you can eat pizza buffet that just opened last week and that I have been dying to try! (Pizza is only second to Taco Bell for my taste buds!!) So should I still go? Should I jump on the scale when I get home and still be proud of myself? I did do 20 minutes on the Elliptical machine today, and then another 40 minutes with the trainer doing weight stuff and lunges! I think I'll go and just try not to be a pig, and then get on the treadmill with extra vigor first thing in the morning!

No comments: