Thursday, September 25, 2008

Two interesting things Happened Today

First off, remember the Chinese food lunch incident yesterday? Well I called my hubby after lunch and told him about going out to eat, and just like I knew he would be, he was a little disappointed. Not that I flew off the diet wagon again (i need to get seat belts for this thing) but because he LOVES Chinese food, and we haven't gotten takeout in a few weeks now. So I felt bad and I stopped and got him Chinese for dinner on my way home. But I only got some for him, and I had some leftover roast and veggies for my dinner.

So now back to today. Today I worked out all alone. With my trainer of course, but there was no one else in the fitness center. The guy that I usually work out with had his baby yesterday, I'm sure that his wife did all the work, but he was there, and thus not here today. So I had the place, and the trainer, to myself. At first I thought that this could be a bad thing, and that he would be 'on' me the whole time. But it was actually nice. My trainer still had me rest in between sets, and we talked about stuff. Usually he is running back and forth between me and the other guy, and all he says to me is stuff like "Did you get them all done? Good job, on to the next thing" But today we talked about "The Biggest Looser" Do you watch that show? My hubby and I love it. We've watched every season, and each time at the beginning we say that we are going to be on a diet with the people on the show, and it lasts a week or two, and then we are sitting there watching the show eating Chinese takeout! But he was saying that it is good for me to watch it, and that it is good inspiration, and they give good tips and he agrees with the way that they train. We talked a little about other things too, like there is a guy here at work that is having a BBQ the weekend after next, and the trainer is going too, and he said he is bringing a cheesecake and he will be eating ribs, and not giving any of us poo for anything we are eating there. That sometimes you can reward yourself alittle, just know that these occasions should be few and far between and not your daily life. So he seems more like a real person now. He's still pretty much a hard ass though. This morning I told him that my legs are really sore from the squats I did on Tuesday, and his reply was "Sucks to be you, because you are doing them again today!" And he made me do things that were even worse. I had to put one foot up on a bench and then step all the way up and back down; 5 times with one leg, then go around the bench, 5 times with the other leg, go around the bench, 5 times with the first leg again, go around the bench, 5 times with the other leg again, then rest! I was sore and out of breath. And I had to do 3 sets of that!

The other thing that happened is this; he is going to weigh me on Tuesday. He told me that it is just a number, and it probably hasn't moved much since right now i'm just working on my matabolism and my heartrate and the weight will be coming off later...blah blah blah. I basically know this stuff, but anyone who is on a diet or exercising to loose weight wants to see one thing, the numbers on the scale moving!! And last week he told me not to get on the scale, and I told my hubby that (i have been very honest with everyone thoughout this, I figure it will only help me in the long run) and then the couple time I got on the scale, hubby would say "I thought you wern't supposed to be doing that!" But i just need to know, it burns inside my head! So anyway, THE day is Tuesday, which just so happens to be my birthday! So as the best birthday present to myself ever, I am going to be super good on my diet the next 5 days! And I will work my butt off (literally I hope) in the gym on Friday and Monday. And then on Tuesday we'll see where I am. And I will stay off the scale at home in the meantime too. There I said it, so I have to do it. I'll just push it under the dresser so i'm not tempted. Let's Get'er Dun!!

No comments: