Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Food is keeping me fat!

Well I thought I could be on a diet and loose weight. That's how it works, right? Well I've tried that a thousand times before, and this is how it always goes. First week, loose a few pounds. Be happy. Slack off a little on the diet. The next weight loose little or no weight. Get a little discouraged, slack off more. The next week gain a couple pounds, say forget about it and drown in pizza and ice cream. So this time is going to be different because I am exercising too! And I am exercising alot. And I have noticed that I have more energy too.
So this morning I am cranking away on the eliptical. And my trainer comes over and says something like "I just want to commend you on your dedication! You've been up here everyday and giving it alot of effort. Most people don't have so much dedication." So of coure I had to reply with the cheesiest, most typical answer. You can probably even guess what it was. "They don't want it as much as I do" I can't believe I said that, it's so...ridiculous. And he said "No, they do want it as much as you do. They just don't put in the effort. And if you just put in the same effort with your nutrition you'll do great." So i finished 25 minutes on the eliptical and then did 10 on the treadmill THen I had an apple and peanut butter for breakfast, and a low fat yogurt for a snack. And then one of the engineers asked if I wanted to go out to Chineese for lunch. And everything in my wanted to say NO, but YES came out of my mouth. Peer Pressure! Willpower where are you!! But I did eat healthy for dinner, and i'll try to eat well tomorrow. And I will be there bright and early to workout.

No comments: