Monday, November 30, 2009

When will this contest be over already?!?

So Thanksgiving has come and gone, I've been snacking on leftovers for days. Today is the last day of November, so I guess that means the contest is over. I kinda don't care. I was in the lead, or a close second for awhile, then I got sick, then I got discouraged, then I didn't even care. I did workout this morning, just 20 min on the elliptical, but it's better than nothing. Hard boiled egg for breakfast, turkey w/mustard and a tangerine for lunch, maybe a yogurt for a snack this afternoon. I have no idea what will be for dinner, I'm going to a Red Wings game with a friend tonight. So it's some kind of stadium food.....i would look forward to it as a reward if I had been eating great lately. But I know i have been pretty much been eating whatever I want, and the stadium food is so expensive. Maybe we will just get something before we go.

I guess the final weigh in will be tomorrow? I don't even know, no one has said anything about it! This whole contest totally sucked. We should have had weekly weigh ins or something. Then when I was doing good I would have had some positive feedback that would have kept me positive. And small negative feedback would have motivated me to stick to it. But I got nothing either way. The first month we all talked about it "Hey, how are you doing in the contest!" There was friendly competition. But it kept getting stretched out, and I totally lost interest.

I weighed myself this morning....233. That would only be 4 pounds lost in the last 3 months. I guess I should be happy about any weight loss, but I know i was down 15 pounds in the 1st month and then it has been creeping back on. I haven't weighed myself in a long time, so maybe some of it is water weight from eating crap all weekend, but that will just be a pound or two. I'll just try to get through the rest of the holidays without putting anything more back on, maybe peel a few more off. I really don't care right now.

No comments: