Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Living on comfort food.

It's November, quickly headed for December, and here is Michigan, that means it's getting cold. It's that time of year when I am once again allowed to use my oven. (I am completely banned from using the oven in the summer, the hubby says it heats up the house too much. So in the past I would cook on the stove-top, or eat cold stuff like sandwiches, or get take-out! This last summer I learned to love the Grill!!!!)
So....last night for dinner I made a chicken pot pie. The night before I made enchiladas. Thanksgiving is in a few days, and I'm planning the foods I need to take to my mom's; candied yams, and cauliflower w/cheese......all things baked in the oven!
And while I am basking in the glow of warm-i-ness and yummy smells.....I realized that I am still supposed to be on a diet!!! The contest is still on!!!! It's over next week, and I was doing soo soo good for soo soo long...then I got sick, then my whole family got sick, (I just went to the pharmacy last night and dropped $72 on 5 prescriptions!!! BC for me, that's a standard, cough syrup for my daughter because her allergies are killing her poor little throat, and 2 different ear drops and an antibiotic for my son because his teething had given him a bad ear infection!) a few pounds came back on, I started working on getting them back off, then I...well....I kinda gave up! There I said it, the lure of taco bell and comfort food overcame any will power I was trying to have!

No comments: