Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just need to work on the diet!

So, I am just doing my normal workout plan again. No lunch workouts, and when B came over today to show me his new hear-rate sensor watch, I told him no more Monday night workout either. I feel good about this decision, I just need to do my moral cardio MWF and lifting on TTh. I think that is plenty of exercise, especially if you add in playing with the kids, and taking care of house, running errands, etc. (The trainer does NOT consider that stuff as work, but I figure if I'm moving around, not sitting on the couch, I'm counting it as work!) I even but a music channel on the TV last night and was busting a move while doing the dishes!!

So...the diet! I have been doing the protein shake after my morning workouts. I still have stuff leftover from the one time I did a fruit flush, it's supposed to be 3 scoops per 12oz of water, but that is 270 calories. So I decided that I don't need that much, and I have been having 2 scoops, so that would be 180 calories. I'm back to eating salads for lunch, and I'm going to throw a sandwich in maybe once a week so I don't get too sick of the salads. I've been doing really good with my meal-prep dinners! tonight we are having baked talapia!

I was over-exercising, and wearing myself out and making myself sick! and then I wasn't eating the best because I was rationalizing that "it was OK to eat a cheeseburger because I had worked out 10 times this week". When I think I will do better overall to exercise a moderate amount and concentrate on eating really good at work all week, pretty good at dinner each night, and having 1 cheat meal on the weekend.....obviously next weekends cheat will be Thanksgiving!

No comments: