Monday, May 4, 2009

The Hubby is On-Board.....for now....

So last Saturday was the hubby's birthday. He turned 32. All last week, in an attempt to spoil him, I let him pick what he wanted for dinner every night....so, needless to say, we ate out every night. I think it was Chinese on Monday, a steak house on Tuesday, BW3 on Wednesday, Pizza on Thursday, he went out with his friends on Friday, we went to a fancy Steakhouse on Saturday.

Now I thought I was going to be dropping weight left and right after I started my thyroid medication a few weeks ago, that hasn't happened yet, but I am still on the slow and steady track down. And the hubby has been noticing. He says that he can feel how much smaller I am when he wraps his arms around me, that makes me happy. But he also says that he is now at the biggest that he has ever been.

So in the middle of last week he said that he was going to enjoy his birthday week, but the following week, that would be starting today, he is going to be on a diet! So we polished off the last of the birthday cake last night, and I shopped for healthy food. My biggest food issue is always him. I eat very good all day while I'm at work, then I let him corrupt me at dinner time. I complain that I'm tired and don't want to cook, he suggests Chinese or pizza, I cave in. But he said he is not going to do that now. So tonight I am making grilled salmon, pan fries, and corn on the cob. Not the most healthy, but home-cooked and I'll know exactly how much salt and fat is in it.

Hopefully we can stick to this through our anniversary in June. My goal, on the goal sheet my trainer had me fill out way back in September, was to be under 220 by June 22nd.....so that is about 10 pounds to loose in the next 7 weeks. Should be totally do-able. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it!!

No comments: