Thursday, May 14, 2009

Drum roll Please.......

To continue the food diary, after lunch yesterday I had a small Slim fast snack bar for my afternoon snack, then chewed some gum so I wouldn't be hungry. For dinner I scavenged around the house and ended up making soft tacos. Not the Healthiest meal, but I made it a pretty healthy way. Instead of the usual taco meat, side of rice, side of beans, nachos chips, cheese quesedillas, some crunchy thing in the oven (mini tacos, taquetos, etc) and salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and soft and hard shells.......I made venison meat (almost no fat) with taco seasoning, added water and rice and let that cook down, added frozen corn kernels, then served it on a soft tortilla with cheese and chips. (I did make cheese quesdillas for the kids, and I did eat 1/6 of my son's!) But I just had a small serving of the meat/rice/corn mixture and 1 tortilla...and I even bought the small soft taco size instead of the giant burrito size. So I'm proud of that dinner. Then right before bed the hubby offered me a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup as he was having one. I told him "No way, I'm weighing in in the morning!" And he apologized for eating it in front of me. I said "No prob!"

So anyway......drum roll please..................229! Not great, but under 230 and better than I thought it would be. I still got a pep talk from the trainer, but not the tongue lashing I was expecting. I'm actually pleased. Tuesday when he told me that I was going to be weighed on Thursday, I was really panicked! Thus the extra careful food choices the last few days. But, I didn't starve myself, or do any crazy laxatives or super workouts or anything. And I still weighed in under 230! I was just doing what I should always be doing, trying to put healthy things into my body, resisting temptation, regular exercise.......I just need to keep it up.

The trainer's pep talk was pretty good too. He talked about how at work I have deadlines I need to meet and projects I need to get completed, and that there are always improvements to be made. (In case you don't know, I'm an engineer. So my job is to basically keep making things better.) So he was saying just to look at my weight loss goals the same. Just change little things to make improvements. And then after D, the workout buddy, left for work, and it was my usual last 5 minutes of alone time with the trainer he did something pretty cool. He pulled out this 'box'. It's a sturdy, metal, raised platform with a rubberized top surface. We usually use it to step up onto. He put it in front of me and asked me to crouch down a little. Then he told me to jump up onto it! I of course gave him the "What you talking bout Willis?" face. He just put a hand behind me and told me to do it. So....I did it!! I made it up onto the box, but lost my balance a bit and it was a good thing his arm was behind me to steady me. I stepped back down, he told me good job, and to do it again.......this time it was still a struggle, but I did it without loosing my balance. And I did it again....and again! 4 times in all. And he was really happy, and I was really happy. And then he told me that he actually didn't think I was going to make it. He hoped I did, but he wasn't sure. So that is a great confidence booster!!

I have just over 5 weeks until my anniversary. I had on my original goal sheet that I wanted to be below 220 by then, the weight I was when I got married 7 years ago. So 9 pounds in 5 weeks....2 pounds a week. I can do that!! And I am going to do it! Just you watch.

No comments: