Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm Sick!

Yep, sick! Strep throat if I had to guess, but I didn't go to the doctor or anything. I busily did all of the Thanksgiving things. Cooked, Baked, went to my mothers. I ate whatever I wanted, which included dessert and wine, because it was Thanksgiving, and I was with my family, and I was celebrating, and being very very Thankful!!
Then Saturday night my son woke up completly hysterical! He was throwing up, and i'm sure he had no idea what was going on, being only 14 months old and all. So we got him calmed down and cleaned up. And I went to bed. Sunday I skipped church, and now seeing how sick I am, everyone should be thankful I did not bring these germs near you. I did go grocery shopping, we were out of the necessaities. And that wipped me out. 45 minutes of grocery shopping = 4 hour nap! Then I got up Monday to leave early to work out - but I didn't even make it out of my bedroom. I turned off the alarm, stood up, layed back down and re-set the alarm for another hour of sleep. Then I did get up, go to work, tried to drink some tea but my tthroat hurt so bad I couldn't swallow it. I didn't eat any breakfast, everyone that saw me asked if I was ok. Then at lunch time I started getting chills, so I went home. I said a quick Hi to the babysitter, and went straight to bed, where I stayed for 5 hours until my hubby got home from work. (I'm so lucky the babysitter stayed) Then he made me a nice dinner, and I ate about 4 bites of it. I just can't swallow. When I was sleeping I would wake up about every 20 min in a puddel of drool, it couldn't go down so it was just going out. Not nice I know, but it's true.
Then Tuesday I skipped work all together and stayed in bed all day. Around lunch I decided that I was completely dehydrated seeing that I hadn't really eaten or drank anything since lunch on Sunday. I choked down a little cup of jello, and tried to eat some sherbert. And I was just holed-up in my room, and I would hear my son in the living room being cranky, and I would just pray that he feel better, because he is so small and he doesn't know whats wrong, and I would take all his sickness and pain so he wouldn't have to endure it. Normally he will be walking across the floor and he will stumble, because he doesn't have that whole walking thing down 100% yet, and he will just get back up and keep going. But the last few days he will be walking across the floor, and he will stumble, and he will just lay down and start crying like it is the end of the world!
So I tried to eat some dinner last night, I got down about 10 bites this time, so i figure my home remeddies must be working. I put a big pot of water on the stove and just boiled it all day, and i would put my face over it and breath the steam. I also gargled a ton of warm salt water, and took a couple steamy showers. So today i'm at work. I'm sitting at my desk, not being all that productive, and everyone is scared to come near me in case i'm still contagious. I had about 1/2 my tomato soup for lunch, which is the most i've eaten in about 4 days.
I've lost about 8 pounds, but not in any kind of way you would want to, and i'm sure it will come right back as soon as I can swallow again.

1 comment:

Kendra Linn said...

We have deeply missed you, but thanks for not sharing. I hope that you feel better soon...