Thursday, December 18, 2008

He sees you when you're sleeping....

No, I'm not talking about Santa. And I'm not talking about God either. This is my workout/weight loss blog, so of course I'm talking about my trainer. Last week and this week I have been getting into the gym later and later. And I have all kinds of good excuses, traffic was bad, it took a long time to clean snow off my truck, blah blah blah! But my trainer sees right through it, he knows what it is, and if he knows, then I have to admit it to myself as well. I have been sleeping. It's snowy outside, my bed is warm and snugly. Why would I want to take my feet out from under the covers, where they are pressed against my hubby's warmth, and put them onto to cold hard wood floor!?!
Because I need to, that's why. We have been getting Christmas gifts at the office, we got a cheese set from one of out vendors this week. And I cut up the sausage and flayed out the crackers, and the guys I work with said they can tell I'm a Mom. And when it was all gone I cleaned up the crumbs and washed the knife and cutting board. And of course I ate some with everyone else. And I'm baking cookies with my daughter tonight. And I have my ladies Christmas pot luck tomorrow for lunch. So the only way I can pull through and not gain weight, is to work out like crazy when I have the opportunities.
It's almost seems like Christmas is centered around food. Family feasts, work pot lucks. I thought the wise men brought Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. Not turkey, cookies, and a cheese set! And while I'm off on a rant, It's Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays! I say Merry Christmas to everyone I enteract with this time of year, store clerks, friends, neighbors, strangers who hold a door. And if they say Happy Holidays first, I say Merry Christmas a little louder. Those are the people who need to hear it. Because it is Christmas, and I am a Christian, and this is one of our most scared holidays, when our savior was born on earth. I have the radio on while I'm working today, and i have been singing along with Frosty, and Jingle Bells, and I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, but I sing Silent Night, and God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen a little louder. Sorry, just needed to say that.
So Merry Christmas, enjoy the blessings around you!

No comments: