Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm taking Christmas-time off!

(I almost put "I'm taking the Holidays off", but after my last rant I didn't want to be a hypocrite.)

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about dieting the next two weeks or so. I've been trying to do better than what I would have done last year, and that in it's self is a gigantic step. This past weekend we had alot of visiting to do, and one house had a nice spread of various tasty looking appetizers, pizza, chips & dip, lots of baked goods, and there was even talk of some ice-cream drink thing! I would have liked to get a plate and have two of everything. What I did was have one little chimichanga appetizer thing, and couple chips with salsa and guacamole (that's tomatoes and avocados, very healthy), and a small plate of fruit. Not too bad if I do say so, however I was forced, actually forced, I was fighting back and everything, to take some baked goods home.

From there we went straight to a 2-year-old b-day party where I had a couple little sub sandwiches. You know the kind that come on the party trays, where it was a big sub, but its now cut into small maybe 2" pieces. And then I skipped cake entirely. And after we got home for the night me and the hubby split one of the baked goods talked of earlier.

Then Sunday it was cereal for breakfast and out to do errands with the family. We stopped by a diner for lunch where I had a wrap sandwich and a bowl of cabbage soup. Not the beat, but you must understand, they had the breakfast bar laid out, and I would have loved to get plate after plate of waffles, and biscuits & gravy, and sausage and eggs, and all the sweets, mini muffins and danish, etc. But I had none.

And I am very busy from now 'till Christmas, and if I don't have time to cook, and we happen to have some Taco Bell, I will not feel bad for it. Because it is Christmas, and no one should feel bad at Christmas!

No comments: