Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still going strong

I went to a birthday party last night. It was for a 3 year old, so there was pizza, cookies, chips and dip, cake and ice cream. Between lunch and the time I arrived at the party I had....gone shopping at Target, had a doctors appointment for myself, then drove to our peditrian to set up an appointment for my son, went home and got the kids clothes changed, hair fixed, diaper bag packed, everyone piled into the car. (I was 1/2 way there before I realized that I was still wearing my work clothes and heels, I had totally planned to change into jeans and flats, but apperently in the rush I forgot about myself!) It was about 6 hours since lunch and I was starving. So I steered clear of the cookies, but had about 3 tortilla chips to keep my stomach from growling audibly. Then I made a plate for my daughter and got her a drink. Then I got the smallest slice of pizza in the box (it was the Hot & Ready kind of pizza, so it was kind of small) and tried to coax my son into eating a few bites. He was not too interested, so I finally just ate the slice myself. I did get him to eat a breadstick and some cookie, and then we was more than willing to share in sister's cake! I however had no cake! None! and it looked really tasty too. My friend said, "ill just cut you the smallest sliver?" And I said "How about no sliver!" And I was proud of myself, I was so proud I almost forgot that I DID eat the pizza!. Small victories, I guess...

1 comment:

Kendra Linn said...

I think that is hard to change your choices when you are face to face with temptation... good for you! I am having a hard time walking away from it... I will think of you and use you as an inspiration. Keep it up...