Monday, December 15, 2008

10 minutes is better than nothing.

Since I've been 'back' from being sick, I haven't missed a work out. But i really cut it short this morning. I left my house and should have been here in plenty of time to get in a good cardio. But then I hit traffic. This will be really local, so if you don't know what I'm talking about, sorry. I take I96 almost the whole way to work. But I get on at Beech Daly, then merge with I275, then split back off past I696 and continue along I96 East. So this morning I'm going down the e-way around Merriman, and I hear on the radio that there is an accident on 275 at 8 mile and it is backed up to 7 mile. A one mile back-up, no big deal. So I merge onto 275, and it is super slow, and then almost to a stop. Then I hear the traffic report again and they say it is now backed up to Ford Road! Well if I had known that I would have worked alittle harder to avoid it, because now it more like a 5-6 mile back-up. So.....I was later than I planned to be. I got here about 20 minutes before I need to start work, and it is about the time I usually start getting cleaned-up and changed. So I was going to skip it all together, but I thought, I'm already in my work-out clothes, and 10 minutes is better than nothing. So I'm proud of myself for making the effort, when I could of easily skipped it all together. And tomorrow I'm going to set my alarm a little sooner, after all, it is Michigan in the winter!

No comments: