Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another Challenge....A New Partner??

First off, I weighed in before my workout yesterday, 234...down one pound from the day before, Great start to my new (again) dedication. Then yesterday was our department Christmas pot luck, so I ate a ton for lunch, including appetizers, 2 plates of food, and dessert....and then snacked on some leftovers in the afternoon. So I weighed in this morning before my workout, pretty much expecting to have gained, and I was just a shade under the 234 from yesterday, lets call it 233 & 3/4....what a great surprise.

So, at the end of the last weight loss challenge, when I had given up and was blaming everything on my thyroid and sickness, B told me that they are already starting to plan the next challenge. This time they want to do partners, to which I told him, "No way! I'm not going to drag a partner down with me."

Fast forward to today. I had to go to production to talk to a few workers about processes. One of the workers happened to be M, who came in in 2nd place in the last challenge. He lost something amazing like 82 pounds. He started out around the hubby's size and just worked really hard. I saw him in the gym a few times, especially when I was doing the lunch time workouts and occasionally after work too. He was always in a good mood and motivational. So today we discussed the work related issues, and I congratulated him on his 2nd place win. He noted how I had been so strong in the beginning and then he didn't see me in the gym anymore. Apparently he had asked B about me and was told I was sick. So I told him the rest of the story, that I was sick, and my whole family was sick, and I got run down, in part because of my thyroid, and I was giving in to the pizza and Chinese, and then got discouraged. He told me how his wife was super supportive and he couldn't have done it without her, and how he understands how people like us, "big people", have food issues and it is so easy to go back down the 'bad food choice' road. He also has a family with small kids (I'm not sure how many or ages) and that it is hard to go workout and eat right and be with your family.

I told him about my new theory, where the less I worked out the worse my energy level was, and how I'm working out everyday again, and even though it has only been 3 days I'm already feeling better. He totally agreed and gave me some other energy tips. Ever hear of Royal Jelly??

Then he brought up the impending competition. I told him the same thing about not wanting to drag a partner down. And he said, we dont know how people will be pared up yet, but if we get to pick partners, then he wants to be my partner. Even though he watched me crash and burn last time, how I kinda gave up at the end, he wants to help me. He said he could "see how bad I want it." And how hard I tried, and that if I started to get discouraged a little he would kick me back into it. And I think he would. And I think I could trust him to not have any ulterior motives, he just made a big change in his life and wants to help me do the same thing.

No comments: