Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gotta Love Those Squats!

I know, the blog has been veering off track a little lately. So It's time to whip it back into shape.

Last Tuesday we did squats. We held a weighted bar and squatted, then lifted the bar over head after we stood back up. We did a set of 15, and did 4 sets. (By we I mean myself and D who is the latest and greatest work-out buddy, she is a little older than me, maybe 15-20 years, and is really funny.) So the next day I could barely walk, my legs killed! D e-mailed me and said that she could also barely walk! So then Thursday rolls along, we are both still in a lot of discomfort. I was stretching ever time I stood up to try to 'release the lactic acid', the trainer said this would help, i don't think it did. So Thursday he makes us to Step-Ups. Of course we were both complaining, and he said leg work is the best for both of us, and we are going to be doing legs on Tuesday and Thursday from now on. And he was sympathetic about our pain, he said he was going to make us do the Step-up while holding dumbbells, but he left the dumbbells out since we were so sore. Peach, ain't he?

So yesterday we did Squats again. We both started out holding a 12 lb bar. And then instead of doing 15 reps in the second set, I did 18. I thought I could do a little better, so I pushed myself, and know what I got for a reward? He switched me out to a 15 lb bar! And he said "Now lets see you go over 15 reps with that (D had been smart and got to keep her 12 lb bar) So I did 16 reps to spite him (:P)

But the point is, my legs are not sore today. And I saw D, and her legs are not sore either. So we chalked it up to the fact that we are both so much stronger and in better shape than we were last week! We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: