Thursday, November 6, 2008

I got a new Baby Nephew

Yep, my hubby's brother & his wife had their baby yesterday. I went straight from work to the hospital, with a quick stop at Toys-r-us to buy a cute bag. (I had bought a cute outfit for the baby already, but had it in the plastic bag from Sears. I was all proud of myself that I had a 'new baby' present all ready to go, then I realized that it might be a nice idea to actually wrap it) He's cute, lots of hair, looks like my son when he was born, which is probably because my brother-in-law looks an awful lot like my hubby.

I usually don't post much of the going's on in my life on here, I try to stick to the workouts and diet, or lack there of. But this baby is significant for a reason.

#1 The new mom, my sister-in-law that I love, is one of those people that we all hate. You know, tall, pretty, great body yet she lives off of pizza and mountain dew. So I'm sure that she will snap back into pre-baby shape in a matter of weeks. but right now she will be dieting and exercising, so we can work on that together. Her to loose the baby fat (and she is breast feeding, so she may get back her pre-baby body in days!) and me because of my love of Taco Bell and no will-power.

#2 My brother-in-law did what men do, while his wife was pregnant he put on weight. So now he needs to work on taking it off. This helps me because my hubby will go over there and work out with him. They have a treadmill and a set of nice weight machines in their finished basement. So I will get a skinnier, healthier, more energy hubby, and I will get a couple evenings a week where I get to pick what to watch on TV because he will be gone to his brother's house.

I have no problems exercising now that I have a great gym and a great trainer waiting for me every morning. But we all know that I struggle with the food side. So if everyone around me is dieting, it will be so much easier for me too!!!

One last thing. Yesterday just after I got to my sister-in-laws room at the hospital. The new baby was whining a little, so I went to pick him up and noticed that his little wrinkly baby feet were out of his blanket. So I set him on the bed to re-wrap him, and made a comment about how tiny his diaper was, and the mom said it hadn't been changed yet, so I checked and ...... big sticky pile of merconium. I asked her if her or the new dad wanted to change the 1st diaper, but they said the honor could be all mine. So now I will always hold the esteemed place of being the person that changed his 1st ever diaper. I am truly blessed!

3 comments:

Kendra Linn said...

Great News! I am thrilled for you and the new addition in your family. I,also hate, that we all have different body types that work for us or work against us...
Keep it up.

four little blessings said...

If you need more diapers to change, I have some around here... not cute little newborn diapers... but diapers just the same!

Niki said...

Ohhh..I still have plenty of diapers at my own house to change. My son has steadly been going #2 about 5-6 times a day for a few months now. Now that he is walking well i would love to start toilet training. Do you think 13 months is too soon? :)