Thursday, February 18, 2010

Man Down!!

OK...so not a man...my water bottle. Yep, the water bottle that started a craze goes down in flames. See, when I first started working out, my trainer told me to get a good water bottle because a key to getting healthy is to drink a crap ton of water....1/2 your body weight in oz's. So if I weigh 240 lbs, I would need 120 oz's of water a day....that's basically a gallon. So I found a great water bottle at Target, it had a dial on the side to help keep track of how much you drink. So I bought it, showed it to the trainer, and he thought it was so cool that he went and bought a couple. then everyone else in the gym saw the trainer with it, so they all bought one. And then the bottles went on sale at Costco for a 3 pak, and now everyone (almost) has that style of bottle!

So today, I was going across the street, and I was carrying too many things, including my bottle. And when I tried to open the door.....water bottle hit the pavement. At first I thought I had just lost the little rubber seal piece, and a friend was helping look for it. But then I realized that the clasp that keeps it closed was broken too...so I hummed a funeral dirge, and threw it in a trash can. Sad.

But I bought a water out of the vending machine, and I'll get a new re-usable bottle when I'm out shopping this weekend!

(Sorry I haven't posted in over a week....I've been on a plateau and a little discouraged. Then it was Valentines...so Hubby and I had a date, and I pretty much didn't cook all weekend, so lots of take-out, and a big heat-shaped-box of Whitman's Sampler! and the Girl Scout Cookies came in, so we have been munching on those...And I think going off the bc pills has my hormones messed up, so I have been really tired and depressed for a few days. But I worked out HARD last Thursday, this Tuesday and yesterday morning's with the trainer...didn't do lunch work out's this week MTW (T i had a 1/2 day and took the girl scouts ice skating, so i am going to count that as a workout, sure made my legs sore) (and MW I spent my lunch walking arounf handing out GS cookies) but I just did lunch today, and went to my meals last night, so the freezer is stocked with healthy dinners...so we are on track....oh! and I gave up Chocolate for Lent!)

No comments: