Friday, February 5, 2010

I even did the Treadmill today!

So...weigh in went AWESOME!! I'm down 10 pounds since this challenge started. So the hard work IS paying off. I only had one workout yesterday since it was our monthly employee lunch. It was Italian, so I could have eaten horribly, but I had mostly salad, some chicken that was in a cream sauce, some green beans, mushrooms, and 3 tortellini (I wanted more but resisted!) And the hubby and I did get Chinese takeout for dinner, I got MuShu Chicken, so it's meat and shredded veggies, not too bad (no deep frying or batter) and the hubby got kung po chicken. We did get egg rolls too. Then to make up for it I did 350 cals on the elliptical this morning, and actually ran on the treadmill at lunch.

That's right...I RAN! Not because I wanted to, as much as just to see if I could! There were no ellipticals by the time I got up there (there were bikes, but I hate those) So I got on the one open treadmill. I figured I would walk until an elliptical opened up. K was on the treadmill next to me, and he walked a min then ran a min or two.....So after 2 min of walking, I upped my speed from 3.0 to 4.5 and ran (more of a fast jog to be totally truthful) I told myself to do it for one min and then walk again....but after one min I wasn't too tired, so I decided to try for 2. Then my trainer walked past behind me and said something like "Good job Nick"...and that was pretty motivating, so I just kept running. Kinda like Forrest Gump! :) After 5 min I thought that was a pretty round number, so I backed down to 3.0 to walk again. My partner A2,(I really like this partner thing, more than I thought I would) came up next to the treadmill and told me what I good job I was doing. And since that is pretty motivating too, I told him that I would walk another min and then see how long I could run a second time. And I ran for 5 min the second time too!!! It was hard the second time and I was really counting down the seconds, but I did it!! And then I walked for another few min...and then I ran for another min, upping my speed every 10 secs or so, just to see how fast I could go...I got up to 6.0 and that is pretty fast...so I went down for a little cool down walk and was done.

A2 was leaving the gym at the same time as me and we walked down the hall together. He was telling me really good job on running 3 times (so him and the trainer must have been watching) and we chatted for a sec until he turned down another hall.

Pretty proud of myself right now! And Im going to ride this wave for the weekend. Have a kids bday party tonight, no cake for me thanks. We have a weigh in on Monday for our first team ranking, so Im going to try to get some exercise in over the weekend, and be very careful with what I eat! I'll let you know Tuesday when they post the team ranking how I'm doing against everyone else, but right now I'm kicking ass against myself, which is the most important.

No comments: