Thursday, October 8, 2009

Taking it to the EXTREME

So today was our monthly employee lunch. It was the standard stuff. I would have loved to have eaten a cheeseburger and some cookies and washed it down with a pop. But instead I had a salad and a chicken breast and some veggies, I also had 3 small ribs and a few bites of mashed potatoes. I am stuffed and do not at all miss the stuff I didn't eat.

I was sitting and eating with 3 girl friends, and then B came and sat at our table. On his plate was 1 chicken breast and some pickle slices. That's it! Everyone commented on how little he was eating! He said that from the things he knows about the contest, he is not going to win, he will at best come in 3rd (which will push me out to 4th and out of any prize money!) but he at least wants to beat me! Then as we were all talking he commented on how tired he was and then later about how he was still hungry. No Poo!!! Your body needs fuel! I might have eaten a crap ton more than him, but I am satisfied. I ate much healthier than what I used to eat. And I know that I filled my body with good nutrition. Lots of good vitamins in my salad and veggies, not so much in the pickles!

So I'm pretty sure if what B knows is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it, then I am out of the running for the contest. And if he keeps up his 800 calorie a day intake he will definitely beat me. But I don't care. I'm doing this for me. I'm not going to give up, I'm just going to continue to do my best. I lost 15 pounds so far, give or take a little, and I'm moving in the right direction without being miserable. And that's something I can keep up once the contest is over.

No comments: