Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's been awhile....(warning, kinda gorey)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while......
I was doing really super good last week....was down to 227 on Wednesday, so 3 pounds down from the weigh-in the week before. Then I was off work on Friday, we went of vacation for the weekend. Took the kids to a big indoor waterpark. Had a blast, and since it was vacation, didn't even try to eat well. It was all room service and take out. But we were also walking constantly and swimming alot, so it probably about evened out. And I'm sure it would have been fine except....
Also since I was on vacation, I got my period, happens every time I leave home for a couple days. So, this was the 1st one since I got the IUD. And the doctor had warned me that my periods would be heavier than I was used to since I went off my BC pills....and she also warned that the IUD can make cramps worse. So I should have been more prepared....but it was pretty bad! I was in alot of pain from cramps, and I was super duper tired. Drove home from vacation Sunday around noon....crawled into bed and stayed there most of the rest of the day/night. Then I was miserable at work Monday (skipped all workouts) Got up to go workout Tuesday morning, texted the trainer that I wasn't going to make it, and went back to bed, skipped everything Wednesday also.
We were supposed to weigh in on Wednesday also, an e-mail came around on Tuesday....I went over yesterday, i was about 2 pounds up from the last weigh in, so I didn't record it and turn it in. My partner A2 e-mailed to see how I was, and I admitted that I ate bad on vacation and skipped my workouts for the 1st half of the week, I feel like I let him down....mostly because I did.
And it wouldn't be so bad if I all did was skip some workouts....but I also use my 'sickness' as an excuse to eat poorly. We got Chinese takeout Sunday night, Burger King Monday for lunch, ate a good dinner Monday night, had Subway Tuesday for Lunch and a good dinner Tuesday night, had soup/ salad/ and a burger from Big Boy yesterday for lunch and Qdoba yesterday for dinner.
So this morning I drug myself to the gym, and I just had a nice salad for lunch. No lunch time workout though, and I don't know if I'll workout tomorrow at all. I'm going to focus on eating good and work in workouts as I feel better. Should be back in the swing next week. And hopefully all the bad stuff I ate will just 'flow through'!

No comments: