Monday, November 8, 2010

Say it aint so!

This weekend we did the 'fall clean-up' yard-work. This included my hubby blowing and mowing the entire back yard while I raked in the front. After I was about 75% done, and he was 100% done, he came to the front to help. He finished the raking while I mowed the front. Then my hip was killing me so I rested. Then I went grocery shopping and my hip hurt so bad I had to lean on the cart to make it around the store. This (coupled with other complications of a more personal nature, including barely being able to clip my toe nails) has spurred me to....once again....start working on loosing weight. (also all my pants are incredibly tight!) So I worked out this morning, Monday with no trainer and weighed myself to see where I am........263! Seriously! I haven't been this fat for a long time.....I was 256 when I started with the trainer 2 years ago. In the past few months I have been barley making it to the gym 2 mornings a week, and I've been eating whatever I want, including cake, cookies, and candy at night with a glass of milk. Also my water intake has gone from 5-6 bottles a day down to 1-2.

The new plan is to try to do some cardio most mornings. And up my water intake. We'll see how this goes for a couple weeks and then work on adding more diet restrictions.

Also, on my last trip to the endocrinologist...she was feeling my thyroid and said "Did you know you have alot of facial hair?" No I hadn't noticed....except for the constant plucking I need to do to keep away the uni brow and Italian grandmother beard! And she said maybe I have PCOS? I know I have PCOS! I knew that 7 years ago. So she sent me to have a bunch of blood-work, to check kidney and liver functions and glucose, and whatever else....And she wants to put me on metformin (which I was on so that I could ovulate to get pregnant). But I guess it helps regulate glucose and helps you lose weight.....so maybe this is what I need. I go back to see her, get all the blood results, and hopefully a magic prescription, in a few weeks. I'm not going to hold my breath though, I thought the thyroid meds were going to help with my weight but that didn't happen at all. I'm just going to try to make it to the gym each morning and see where it goes from there.

No comments: