Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New Medicine

I was working out pretty steady.....then it started to snow a bit, and I was late a few days, and I was off while my mom had surgery (all went well and she is home now)....blah blah blah....so I haven't really worked out in 2 weeks. I did go to the doctor the day after Thanksgiving (oh, and I ate a ton at Thanksgiving), and she started me back on Metformin. It's a diabetes drug, but I guess it helps lower TSH levels too, and helps loose weight (bonus!!) So i'm supposed to take 4 500 mg pills a day (big huge horse pills) but she said to start with one a day for the first week, then 2 a day the second week, etc.

So the 1st week went great, 1 a day and feeling good. Did notice that I wasn't as hungry. She had said that my apatite would be diminished (something with it controlling my blood sugar and insulin) and that is good because I had been eating like a hog lately.

Start week 2, 2 pills a day on Saturday. On Monday I tossed my cookies on my way to work, then after a blow out in the bathroom I went home and stayed in bed for the day. Thought I had a flu (which I still might have had a touch of) but now it is Wednesday and I still have horrible diarrhea. I finally looked it up on the Internet to day and diarrhea is a side effect that like 52% of people on this drug have! No wonder you loose weight!

My sweet hubby thinks I should call the doctor, but I'm going to wait it out for a bit. I see her at the end of next month, but if it gets too bad before that i'll call.

No comments: