Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I have decided that personal trainers are just motivational speakers that know how to exercise!!

How was that one for a long title??
So, I haven't posted in about 3 weeks...and I logged on and read my last post and just want to punch myself. (Actually I would never punch myself because I'm not really into pain!) but you get what I'm saying. My last post, 3 weeks ago, was all about how I was going to really step it up on the diet part of this whole diet and exercise thing. Well....it hasn't happened. (Who saw that shocker coming?!?) I have still been working out on my normal schedule, but I have been eating like total poo!!! We went away 2 weekends ago to a fancy vacation at a lodge that happens to have an executive chef on site, mmmmmmm, I did alot of walking, but there was no burning off the calories I was consuming.....you should have seen the desserts! And this last weekend was 4th of July, which I spent up north with my family, I've told you before how my mom cooks right? 'nuff said! But I did hold back some, like I didn't have any smores or hot dogs by the fire. And Sunday night when I took my little daughter to the fireworks, I didn't have any of the food at the fair, even though it all smelled de-lish, I just have an Aquafina Flavor water!! Plus I had to piggy-back my daughter for the 5 block walk back because her little feet hurt.

Back to the point....So it was me and the trainer one on one this morning, I'm not sure what happened to D the work-out buddy, must be still on va-ca. But whenever we are alone I get "The Talk"! Sometimes I cry. I didn't today. But he was saying how he saw that drive and determination in me at the beginning, when I lost that first 10 pounds so quickly....and he was asking what he could do to get that drive back. Any way he could help? Anything he could do? And I said I would let him know.....he acknowledged my 'hormone issue', as he refers to it, and he understands that we need to get that in check.

So I thought....and I think I came up with something. I think I need short terms goals...like when I know that he is going to weigh me in a week, I crack down and make my goal. But then any other time I just think, ohhh pizza for dinner wont hurt. So I'm going to discuss this with him on Thursday, and I'll let you know!

No comments: