Friday, April 24, 2009

MMMMMmmmmm Custard!

Near our house there is a little Ice Cream place, only they don't sell ice cream, they sell frozen custard. It's soooo tasty, and almost fluffy and very creamy. It's only open during the summer, and we like to walk there in the evening after dinner for a treat. Soooo...last night was my daughter's Kindergarten Orientation, so we went and learned all about what she will do next year when she is in kindergarten, and met her new teacher, etc. And she was a very good girl, listened and stayed quiet when needed, played nicely with the other kids, etc. So when we were heading home I said, "Let's stop and get custard!" And I called up the hubby at home to see what he wanted me to bring for him. now he loves custard, even more than me, and sometimes he will even get the packed pints that they sell so we can have it at home for a few days. So....this was the first trip of the year, and I was sure he wouldn't be able to make up his mind of all the yummy choices; shake, sundae, cone, banana split! And he said, "Ummm, I don't want anything, thanks anyway." I hung up, in shock. And we went, and my daughter picked out her treat. (She didn't even get custard!! She picked a little Bratz cartoon thing on a stick, you know, like you get from the ice cream man!) And because I wasn't bringing anything home for the hubby, I just decided not to get anything for myself either! This may not sound like a big deal to you, but it's HUGE to me. That is my will power showing it's little head. Sure it's easy to think, I want custard, but not get any because I don't want to put on my shoes and go all the way there, but to stand there and just say, "Nothing for me, thanks." Is a great feat for me. So I am proud of myself. And I do have to thank the hubby for having will power of his own, and that helped me to have some too!

No comments: